Saturday, January 30, 2010

40/40 Day 30 Report

There's something about David Lynch's work that I respond to. He manages to showcase beauty in even the darkest situations. Tonight, we closed our our 40 Years, 40 Movies series with two of my favorites: Mulholland Drive and Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, both in High Definition.

A filmmaker like Lynch is well served by the higher resolution video as well as digital audio. Both films gave the SLC sound system a workout, and I think we did the films justice at the volume we were playing them. You can check with our neighbors to see if the agree.


Kudos to Naomi Watts and Sheryl Lee for tour de force performances in their respective films. I am a huge fan of both actresses, in large part due to their work in these two films. And I'm glad that we screened the films in the order that we did, as the night truly ended on a positive note with Laura Palmer's redemption.


I'll be back soon with a retrospective look at the entire series, but for now I just wanted to thank everyone who participated, both to the 28 of you who made it out to screenings, as well as those of you who followed along at home. I wish the distance between us didn't prelude so many of our friends and family from being able to participate.

On Deck: With the 40/40 behind us, we return to our Western Wednesdays with Sam Raimi's The Quick and the Dead!

40 Years/40 Movies Series Tally:
Days Completed: 30
Movies Watched: 40
Number of unique attendees: 28
Total Attendance (cumulative number of attendees for all movies): 201

No comments:

Post a Comment