Saturday, January 9, 2010

40/40 Day 9 Report

Okay, we cheated. Well, not really. We had a request to swap the order of the films tonight and start with Out of Sight first.

Clooney is great in the film, as is Jennifer Lopez, if you can believe that. I'm motivated now to watch the short lived spin-off TV series Karen Sisco, with Carla Gugino in the Lopez role and Robert Forster taking over for Dennis Farina as her father.


 
And speaking of Robert Forster, it was a nice reminder how deserving he was of the Oscar nomination received for the film. I'm always happy to see him turn up in the occasional film or TV show, and yet somewhat disappointed his career didn't get the boost I felt it deserved as a result of the film. I still think he would have been perfect as Robert Neville in a faithful adaptation of Richard Matheson's I Am Legend. I do wish there were a high-definition remaster of Jackie Brown available for viewing, as the special edition DVD wasn't on par with the majority of the other films we've been screening thus far. All in good time, I'm sure...
 
On Deck: Things get Abby-normal on Monday with Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein!

40 Years/40 Movies Series Tally:
Days Completed: 9
Movies Watched: 17
Number of unique attendees: 15
Total Attendance (cumulative number of attendees for all movies): 93

No comments:

Post a Comment